Monday, December 28, 2009

The farm and reunions

This year will be year of the reunion.

In May, my friend and I are planning to attend our 25th college reunion at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA, where my mother grew up. I know that there are some new buildings, and I would like so see them. I guess I had better try to lose those extra pounds.

In June, we are having a family reunion at my parent's home in central Ohio ("the farm"). This cabin or lodge is located in the woods near a river and was built by local Amish. There is also a very old cabin just yards away that is over 100 years old. The land on which both stand was home to my grandparents until their deaths almost 30 years ago, so when I am there, I always remember them. When people ask me where the cabins are, I explain that they are near Kenyon College.

Here is a photo of the old cabin, where our first family reunions were held, followed by three photographs of the new cabin (which is yards away from the old). This old cabin brings back a lot of memories. I would not go inside it now. For all I know, there are snakes hibernating in there.




We just spent Thanksgiving in the new cabin.






1 comment:

Click to feed the flying fishies. According to my son, you can never have enough fish!