Saturday, January 16, 2010

Favorite Musical Artists

I am, like many, a music fanatic. I was thinking today about whose music has left the greatest impression on me: as far as popular music I would have to say Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, and maybe Janis Joplin; there was just something there. I think Van Morrison had a style that others can't really replicate. His voice is entirely unique. I can't believe how many covers there are on the Internet of Into the Mystic, which is my favorite song of his but was not his most popular. When I think of him, I think "grouse." He is very difficult, and I have read about this again and again. And Joni, she is an incredible poet, unmatched really.

Well I don't know where this subject came from, but this cold is keeping me from doing much else than blogging, I suppose. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good picks. Mine would include Van Morrison surely, but also Neil Diamond (extremely unique voice), Janis Ian (incredible voice and amazing writer), and Joan Baez.

    ReplyDelete

Click to feed the flying fishies. According to my son, you can never have enough fish!